Cervical spondylitis is a chronic degenerative arthritic medical condition that affects the cervical spine resulting from the degeneration of the intervertebral disc that affects the region surrounding the neck and shoulder. The pain is usually concentrated around the cervical region of the neck, shoulder, and lower spine, with downward-moving stinging pain.
The three versions of spondylitis are:
• Cervical spondylitis – which affects the cervical spine, causing the pain to spread towards the back of the neck.
• Lumbar spondylitis – which causes pain in the lumbar region.
• Ankylosing spondylitis– which is primarily a disease that affects the sacroiliac joints.
The pain caused due to Spondylitis starts to increase gradually and contraction in the back of the cervical region of the neck, shoulders, and the lower spine.
• Cervical pain aggravated by movement Occiput, between the shoulder blades, upper limbs
• Cervical stiffness
• Numbness, tingling, or weakness in upper limbs
• Dizziness or vertigo
• Poor balance
• Triggers migraine
• Poorly localized tenderness
• Limited range of movement
• Neurological changes like inverted supinator jerks
YOU ARE ONE STEP CLOSER TO HOLISTIC HEALTH