EDEMA / WATER RETENTION
Edema or water retention/puffiness is caused by excess fluid trapped in the body tissue, this condition occurs in the feet, ankles, and legs, but it can involve your entire body. It can occur as a result of gravity, especially from sitting or standing in one place for too long. Water naturally gets pulled down into your legs and feet.
Certain disease such as congestive heart failure, lung, liver, kidney and thyroid disease, some drugs like hypertension & NSAIDS, Too much salt intake may cause edema.
• The affected area is swollen
• The skin over the swollen area might look stretched and shiny
• Pushing in gently on the swollen area with your finger for at least 5 seconds and then removing your finger will leave a dimple in the skin called pitted edema
• You may have trouble walking if your legs are swollen
• You may be coughing or have trouble breathing if you have edema in the lungs
YOU ARE ONE STEP CLOSER TO HOLISTIC HEALTH