Uterine fibroids are noncancerous abnormal growths on uterus that often appear during childbearing years, uterine fibroids are usually round. In most cases, fibroids do not cause pain. They are also known as leiomyoma\’s and myoma.
UF are often describes upon their location.
• Subserosal fibroids (grow on the outside of the uterus)
• Sub mucosal fibroids (lining membrane on the outside of the uterus)
• Intramural fibroids (muscular wall of the uterus)
• Pedunculated fibroids (inside the cavity of the uterus or outside the uterus)
• Genetic changes
• Other growth factors & Extracellular matrix (ECM).
• Heavy menstrual bleeding
• Menstrual periods lasting more than a week
• Pelvic pressure or pain
• Frequent urination
• Difficulty emptying the bladder & Constipation