Frozen shoulder also known as Adhesive capsulitis by definition is an inflammatory process of painful stiff shoulder and “per-arthritis”. Frozen shoulder typically involves substantial pain, movement restriction, and considerable morbidity. Although function improves overtime, full and pain free range, may not be restored in everyone.
In clinical condition of progressive pain and decreased range of motion of glenohumeral joint.
3 phases with a frozen shoulder, each has its own unique symptoms
• Severe pain in shoulder whenever you move
• It slowly gets worse over time and may hurt more at night
• This can last anywhere from 6 to 9 months.
• Your pain may get better but your stiffness gets worse.
• Difficult to move your shoulder and it becomes harder to get through daily activities
• This stage can last 4-12months.
• Your range of motion starts to go back to normal
• This stage can lasts from 6 months to 2 years.
It’s more common among People who have been immobilised, stroke, diabetics and Parkinson disease.
YOU ARE ONE STEP CLOSER TO HOLISTIC HEALTH