Intercostal Muscle Strain / Neuralgia
Intercostal muscle sprains cause intense spasmodic pain and can also cause intercostal pain (intercostal neuralgia), which is known to be very unpleasant. The intercostal muscles play a very important role with regard to rib movement, for example, during respiration.
- A strain is when a muscle stretches or is partially torn, deep muscles between the ribs can be painful and is caused by hard coughing or twisting movements.
- 20-50% of all musculoskeletal chest pain comes from the intercostal muscle.
• Difficulty in breathing
• Intense pain
• Shortness of breath
• Muscle inflammation and cramps
• Stiffness of the chest
• Painful ache or soreness located around the rib cage
• Stabbing pain when breathing
• Muscle tightness
YOU ARE ONE STEP CLOSER TO HOLISTIC HEALTH